Youth Mental Health - Our Strategy
Mental Health has been identified as a priority issue in our area. Focusing on reducing suicide attempts might seem narrow, but the issues leading to that point are broad. The Columbus Area United Way seeks to educate the community about mental health and the tools available for those in a crisis, especially our youth.
Under the Health Pillar, funded partners and direct programs will focus on:
- Mental Health
- Domestic Violence issues
- Social media causing social isolation
- Effects of substance abuse
- Prevention to break the cycle of negative behaviors
2020 Funded Partners and Programs
- Youth and Families for Christ - Suicide Prevention and Social Skills Group
- United Way - promotion of "Your Life Your Voice"