United Way Works for a healthier America
The United Way collaborates with community organizations to decrease suicide attempts by youth
Mental Health has been identified as a priority issue in our area. Focusing on reducing suicide attempts might seem narrow, but the issues leading to that point are broad. The Columbus Area United Way seeks to educate the community about mental health and the tools available for those in a crisis, especially our youth.
For the Health Pillar, our funded partners and direct programs will focus on:
- Mental Health
- Domestic Violence issues
- Social media causing social isolation
- Effects of substance abuse
- Prevention to break the cycle of negative behaviors
Funded Partners and Programs
- Youth and Families For Christ - Suicide Prevention and Social Skills Group
- United Way - promotion of "Your Life Your Voice"