One Number. One Call. Get Connected. Get Answers.
- an easy to remember number that gives access to resources across your community.
- answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at a call center at the United Way of the Midlands in Omaha.2-1-1 is a free and confidential call.
- 2-1-1 offers multilingual access to appropriate community-based organizations and government agencies.
- an easy way to find counseling and welfare services, and other solutions in your area.
Counties covered in our area include Platte, Boone, Nance, Colfax Butler, and Polk.
Types of services include:
- Basic human needs resources: food banks, shelters, rent assistance, utility assistance
- Physical and mental health resources: health insurance programs, medicaid and medicare, crisis intervention services, support groups, counseling, drug and alcohol intervention, and more
- Employment support: financial assistance, job training, transportation assistance, education programs
- Support for older persons and persons with disabilities: adult daycare, Meals on Wheels, respite care, home health care, transportation, homemaker services
- Support for children, youth and families: child care, after school programs, Head Start, summer camps and recreation programs, mentoring, tutoring, protective services, and more