One Number. One Call. Get Connected. Get Answers.
- an easy to remember number that gives access to resources across your community.
- answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at a call center at the United Way of the Midlands in Omaha.2-1-1 is a free and confidential call.
- 2-1-1 offers multilingual access to appropriate community-based organizations and government agencies.
- an easy way to find counseling and welfare services, and other solutions in your area.
Counties covered in our area include Platte, Colfax, Boone, and Nance.
Types of services include:
- Basic human needs resources: food banks, shelters, rent assistance, utility assistance
- Physical and mental health resources: health insurance programs, medicaid and medicare, crisis intervention services, support groups, counseling, drug and alcohol intervention, and more
- Employment support: financial assistance, job training, transportation assistance, education programs
- Support for older persons and persons with disabilities: adult daycare, Meals on Wheels, respite care, home health care, transportation, homemaker services
- Support for children, youth and families: child care, after school programs, Head Start, summer camps and recreation programs, mentoring, tutoring, protective services, and more